Monday, October 13, 2014

Do It for the Love in San Francisco with Operation Smile

Bears, bears, bears everywhere #smile #threelittlebears #love
With my lovely co-chairs for the evening Shirin Aryanpour & Shab Farzaneh
This past weekend, I flew home to the Bay Area with my son Luke to serve as Honorary Co-Chair for the San Francisco Smile gala for Operation Smile. It was a wonderful event, with dinner, dancing, inspiring speeches and a great silent and live auction. The event, which was co-chaired by Shab Farzaneh & Shirin Aryanpour, featured the presentation of the Universal Smile Award to Michael Franti and Sara Agah for their work as founders of the Do It For the Love Foundation.  Micheal performed for the sold out crowd, which loved every minute of it.  So many of my oldest friends and my extended family came out to support including my Three Little Bears co-creator Kathy Van Zeeland.  I've always said, the biggest gift that Operation Smile has given me, is the chance to connect with so many good and generous people on a deep level.  We are all inspired and humbled by the work of Operation Smile and I am so proud to be a part of their family.


I was lucky to have some of my beautiful extended family that came out to support Luke and I.  Next year, I hope Mat and all my boys will make it!



Ca'Momi winery, which makes wine that benefits the Do It For the Love Foundation, co-founded by Michael Franti & Sara Agah, generously  donated all of the wine to support the event, please support them at www.doitforthelove.org.


Michael Franti and Sara Agah were honored with the Universal Smile Award.  To learn more about Do It For the Love watch this video --  Do It For the Love mission, it had
the entire audience in tears.

Michael & the #lukebear
One of the highlights of the evening was seeing my son Luke Lori rockin it with the band

My friend Kristie Magee Porcaro talking about her family's first mission when she was 10 years old
Just some of my amazing friends that came out to support #love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!